Is anxiety holding you back from leading a fulfilling life?
You can picture the life you want to live, but you can’t seem to get there. Some days just getting out of bed to face the world is overwhelming. Once you wake up you know you’ll have to face the day, but you just feel exhausted. As your mind is going a mile a minute, there are times when you don’t even know what you’re worried about. You wish you could “turn off” your brain for a while and rest. It feels like your mind is a tangle of thoughts. You’ve heard about therapy for anxiety but aren’t sure if that will help.
Paralyzing fear and constant worry are holding you back
Perhaps you used to be more carefree. You used to go out into the world and live your life without constant worries nagging you. You might not even recognize the person you are now. The simplest tasks have become mountains that feel impossible to climb. Or perhaps you’ve been living with these struggles for as long as you can remember. You feel trapped by your thoughts and fears. In moments of frustration, you feel weak and helpless.
Nothing seems to relieve your anxiety
You’ve tried to keep everything under control, but now you notice your anxiety bleeding into other areas of your life. You realize that anxiety has started to impact your:
- Relationships with loved ones
- Ability to parent
- Work/school performance
- Physical health
Maybe you’ve already tried to figure out how to make things better. Everything you try seems to fail. Or maybe you have no idea where to start. As you try to push through, success feels farther and farther away. Frustrated, you wonder:
- Why do I have anxiety?
- I used to be able to do more. Why are even the simplest tasks so difficult?
- Other people don’t seem to struggle with anxiety. Why am I the only one?
- How can I shake anxious feelings off? Nothing seems to work.
- Will I always be this anxious?
Therapy for Anxiety in Metuchen, New Jersey can help you find relief
Anxiety can feel overwhelming, but there is hope. Anxiety is something that can be managed with the right tools and techniques from a qualified anxiety therapist.
Did you know that many people who experience anxiety don’t know exactly what it is until they speak to a mental health professional? The signs of anxiety can be confusing and are often labeled as stress, needless worry, or emotional instability. The indicators of anxiety can also be mistaken for mysterious symptoms* without a cause, such as stomach aches, trouble concentrating, and sleep issues. The truth is that anxiety manifests itself in different ways and does not feel the same for everyone.
Considering Anxiety Treatment in New Jersey?
Therapy for anxiety means exploring your anxieties, worries, and fears. This includes understanding the signs and symptoms. From there, you can find coping skills that are tailored to fit your needs and lifestyle. A caring anxiety therapist near Metuchen, NJ will walk you through the process at every step.
Meet with An Anxiety Therapist in Metuchen, NJ
At our counseling practice in Metuchen, NJ our approach to treating anxiety includes:
- Understanding the symptoms of anxiety you’re experiencing.
- Exploring possible causes and triggers of anxiety.
- Understanding your needs and lifestyle to cope with your anxiety.
- Finding and using coping skills for anxiety to make life more enjoyable.
Start Therapy for Anxiety in New Jersey
- Read our FAQs about therapy.
- Fill out a request form on our contact page to schedule a therapy appointment.
- One of our compassionate team members will contact you within 1 business day (excluding holidays) for a phone consultation. The initial phone consultation is complimentary and helps us learn more about how we can help.
- During the initial phone consultation, our compassionate team member will ask about what you’ve been struggling with, or what you hope to achieve in therapy. We will share information about each of our therapists, including their specialties and availability.
- If we’re a good fit for your needs, we match you with one of our in person or online New Jersey therapists. If either of us feel we are not the right fit, we can provide the names of other providers who may be able to help.
Online Therapy for Anxiety in New Jersey
Coping with anxiety can be a barrier in and of itself when seeking treatment. Leaving your home, driving, or being in person around others can trigger your anxiety. If you’re dealing with anxiety and stress, you’re already carrying a heavy load every day. For some people with anxiety, leaving the house to attend an appointment requires immense energy. You might not know where to find this energy, but you know you need change.
Online therapy for anxiety means getting the help you need without adding extra barriers. Our New Jersey anxiety therapists are proud to provide online anxiety treatment in New Jersey that meets your needs. All therapists at our Metuchen, NJ counseling practice have been formally trained in providing professional and effective online counseling in New Jersey. Contact us to get started.
If you’re ready to regain control over your life, read our FAQs about therapy or contact us directly.
*We recommend attending a check-up with your primary care doctor to find out if there are underlying conditions or illnesses impacting your mental and physical health.